Friday, February 18, 2011

Weekend Picks - 02/18/11

This weekend is going to be all about variety...since my weekly play-list has been "all over the map" musically. My parents always loved music, so at the Hagquist house it was either a ton of classical music, or a ton of "oldies"...with a little "Christian" pop mixed in to negate any chance of Marvin Gaye "contributing to the delinquency of a minor (me)". Then I would retreat to my room and run through long mixes of hardcore, metal, punk, soul, and The Beatles. This variety not only exposed me to great music, but gave me an appreciation for things outside of my "generation" musically. Variety is the spice of life...and this installment of my weekend picks is a variety-pack of awesome.

Weekend Picks - 02/18/11

-Adele: "19"
-The Gutter Twins: "Saturnalia"
-The Beatles: "Rubber Soul"
-Envy: "Recitation"
-Zao: "Liberate Te Ex Inferis"
-Massive Attack: "Blue Lines"

Buy these records...thank me later.

Note: The picture above is Greg Dulli (Afghan Whigs/Twilight Singers), and Mark Lanegan (Screaming Trees), the duo who make up The Gutter Twins. Awesome band...awesome vocalists.

No comments:

Post a Comment